The Anambra State Police Command, has arrested 26-year-old alleged army deserter, Ebeje Nnamdi, suspected to be an IPOB trainer (Indigenous People of Biafra), alongside three others for their alleged involvement in armed robbery in Iyi Oji area of Anambra on Wednesday.
Parading the suspects to newsmen on Thursday at the police command headquarters in Amawbia, near Awka, the State’s Police Commissioner, Mr Garba Umar, said 336 rounds of 7.22x39mm, AK-47 live ammunition were recovered from the alleged (IPOB) members and their trainer.
“Police equally recovered three empty AK-47 riffles with magazines, one locally made double barrel pistol with two live cartridges, (IPOB) wears, IPOB flags, muffler, criminal charms and ATM cards.
“The Army deserter was formally of the 20 Mechanised Battalion, Taraba, in 2014 before he disappeared,’’ Umar said.
The Police Commissioner also told newsmen that Nnamdi was a member of a six-man gang responsible for the attacks and killings of policemen at nipping points, robberies at fuel stations including that of Bukachi filling station, Eziowelle, both in Onitsha on Aug. 31, 2017. He further said that suspects would be charged to court after investigation.
---- FRESH BIAFRA NEWS ----
- Abuja,Lagos,Anywhere Igbo Reside And Invest Is Part Of Biafra -MASSOB
- Anambra Business Man, Richard Ndubuaku Drags Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB To Court Over Election Boycott
- Quit notice: No evil will befall Igbos in North on October 1 – Arewa Youths Assure
- Nnamdi Kanu Talking About Biafra Is Nonsense – Edwin Clark Blast IPOB Leader
- Buhari is dead, current president an impostor – Biafra National Guard